London Modern Quilt Guild - MARCH CHALLENGE
We have your next challenge! Using your bag of scraps from the swap, your own scraps and/or your favourite fabrics, create a WONKY LOG CABIN block or a CRAZY block that measures 8.5 inches or 12.5 inches (finished size). Feeling creative? Create both if you like! We will share our creations at the April LMQG meeting.
The aim is to use up some of your stash to create something fun, colourful, wild and to perhaps take you out of your comfort zone. Never made one of these blocks before? Then why not visit the listed links below for a tutorial!
There are fabulous tutorials over on
- Tallgrass Prairie Studio http://tallgrassprairiestudio.blogspot.com/2008/04/for-dana-wonky-log-cabin-block-tutorial.html
- Quilt Dad http://www.quiltdad.com/2009/09/quilt-along-3-wonky-log-cabin-block.html
- Ellison Lanehttp://ellisonlane.blogspot.com/2011/07/wonky-log-cabin-tutorial.html
- Comfortstitching by Aneela Hoey http://comfortstitching.typepad.co.uk/comfortstitching/2011/04/crazy-scrappy-block-tutorial-and-a-maybe-quilt-a-long.html
- Tallgrass Prairie Studio – Vintage Windows Crazy Block: http://tallgrassprairiestudio.blogspot.com/2008/03/several-folks-have-emailed-and-asked.html
Or type in ‘wonky log cabin’ and ‘crazy block’ and see what pops up on the internet. Flickr has a lot of inspiration too.
Have fun creating your scrappy Wonky Log Cabin or Crazy block and see you in April!